[H-GEN] A Call for Peace

Tony Bilbrough mtbilbro at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 22 18:27:36 EDT 2002

G'day All,
thank you for that.
I lost interest in the thread after it got more attack oriented than
sensible.

But this one bit seemed to keep cropping up and I am not sure what it
means

it's this
"80 column boundaries and plain text restrictions"

Just what does it mean and how does one set it up?
Or is this a 'silly old twit' sort of question?

I quite often use Windows and Netscape to view my mail, especially when
I am having a hard time with something on my Linux box.
I have never set up any of my Windows mailers for "80 column boundaries
and plain text restrictions".
Does this mean I offend some each time I write in?
Like now?

No offence intended - I hasten to assure you all.
cheers Tony B

Raymond Smith wrote:

> All:
>
> Over the past few weeks we have seen a number of promising threads
> degenerate into flames. snip

> - those of us for whom the Unix Philosophy is the Right Way need to cut
>   slack for those who do not know that philosophical camps are even
>   possible in computing. 80 column boundaries and plain text restrictions
>   make little sense to someone brought up on WYSIWG.
snip

--
..........Baggins
My memory's failing, my head's in a spin.