[H-GEN] Re: HTML email

Greg Black gjb at humbug.org.au
Fri Apr 19 02:33:31 EDT 2002

"Frank Brand" wrote:

| >This one was, but the earlier message that started this thread
| >came in "multipart/alternative" with plain text and html parts
| >that were both mutilated by quoted-printable crap and no attempt
| >to identify the quoted material.
|
| Again, not from me I dont use html mail, text only here. If this is not the
| case pleae let me know as that is the way my e-mail is set.

I already did let you know, quite clearly in the material that
you quoted which I have left in place above.

If you want to check, I have put the message in question up on
my web site in exactly the form that it arrived here.  You can
check it at <http://www.gbch.net/frank.brand.txt> and you will
see that it was indeed "multipart/alternative" with both a
"text/plain" and a "text/html" part, both of which were also
infected with quoted-printable encoding.

| Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of using *nix to access the net. I
| need to use Windows simply because of the functionality of IE. There are
| things that IE does that none of the *nix browsers do and some of the people
| I work with write their web pages that way.

If people don't want me to read their web pages, then I'm happy
not to read them.  If they do want me to read stuff, they will
produce it in a format that I can read.  This includes using
fonts that I can see with my old eyes and writing in one of the
languages that I speak and not using stupid html/java/foobar
tricks in their web pages.

Greg