[H-GEN] Simple Linux editors

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sun Apr 7 07:57:56 EDT 2002

[ lmth.etteuqiten/ua.gro.gubmuh.www//:ptth :gnidnatsrednu elihwhtroW ]
[           .retrahc s'tsil eht evresbo esaelP  .scipot detaler-xinU ]
[  dna gubmuH tuoba snoissucsid suoires-imes - tsil *lareneG* gubmuH ]

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Greg Black wrote:

> The editor of choice for Unix sysadmin work is of course ed.

Now now Greg :)  While I'm sure you and I have both fixed systems with
ed[1] I'm sure you'd agree that vi is more popular for the task :)

[1] actually had to fix a system with echo & cat once :)  Don't ask :)

> It's small, fast, easy to use, allows a bit more flexibility
> than cat, and just works.

sed.
sed for ever
Using sed lets me sleep better at night.
:)

Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   blake: up 87 days, 20:28, 11 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.00, 1.00