[H-GEN] lilo down, I'm bummed

robert stanford rob at rotapile.com
Thu Apr 4 03:40:38 EST 2002

Dont despair things arent so bad, heres a list of error codes for your
situation.

http://www.yggdrasil.com/bible/lilo/user/node69.html#bioserr

You linux install should be in perfect condition, this looks likeits
only a bootloader problem.

You need to get booted and typicaly you should be able to boot of your
mandrake cd or rescue floppy and at the lilo/syslinux prompt enter
something like

linux root=/dev/hda1  or
vmlinux root=/dev/hdc2

first bit is the kernelimage and the second bet (root=) indicates what
partition the kernel should mount as the root filesystem. If you cant
remember just keep trying.

Once you are up again check you lilo.conf file, the error you got might
be related to an entry the Mandrake upgrade added.

Once you get logged in as root just run lilo and you should be ok.

Robert Stanford