[H-GEN] dns problems

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Wed Sep 5 02:02:37 EDT 2001

A friend of mine has it in Buderim or thereabouts and is quite happy with
the speed.

>I remember you saying the speed was good, and me becoming optimistic as
>Caboolture's not far from Nambour. Well it's here in Nambour, possibly
>available on the outskirts where we are, but I'm holding off for now.
>
>What did you do about the ADSL router for your system? Use Telstra's? or
>your own?

The one I put into Brisbane I use DHCP to automatically give IP addresses
internally (Class A 10.x.x.x) through an Alcatel Modem/Router on a static IP
address. The modem/router is quite a bit more expensive than the normal
modem but I have found it to be very good.

Frank Brand