[H-GEN] ADSL/capping

James Lever jamver at adams.humbug.org.au
Tue Sep 4 06:42:45 EDT 2001

> I'm not yet familiar with the ADSL offerings -- what is "the cap
> debacle"?

That would be when telstra (a few months back now) introduced download
limiting (capping) to their freedom plan customers.

as a customer, it's pretty unfair, though I don't actually go above the
threshold myself.  It's been set to 3Gb per month whereas the plan previously
claimed unlimited downloads, however if you were to read the AUP carefully,
it's actually an arbitrary limit imposed by Telstra as they feel fit.

Go search Telstra's site for their AUP and have a read.

cheers,
James

--
http://www.visac.uq.edu.au/people/jamver/index.html#sigs