[H-GEN] Debian Stable (Potato) + Reiserfs

Ewan Edwards ewane at mincom.com
Mon May 14 18:01:25 EDT 2001

On Mon, 14 May 2001, you wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and  ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.           ]
> [ Worthwhile understanding: http://www.humbug.org.au/netiquette.html ]
>
> I've just got my hands on some Debian install disks, and I'd like to
> install it and use reiserfs instead of ext2.
>
> I'm wondering if there exists a Potato package for reiserfs, and whether
> it's possible to have the whole system on reiser, or if I have to have
> some partitions ext2 (e.g. /boot)

I am reasonably sure you will need at least one ext2 (eg: /boot) partition.
I tried using reiserfs with Mandrake7.2 a few months ago and found it would not
boot off a reiserfs partition.  Maybe there is a way around that, and others
will be able to help, but I didn't have the time to try to work it out.

--
This transmission is  for the intended  addressee only and is confidential
information.  If you  have  received  this  transmission in error,  pleased