[H-GEN] encryption / decryption - in java

bmatthewtaylor at yahoo.co.uk bmatthewtaylor at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 07:42:36 EST 2001

uh, I drew the short straw with something and having to delve around in
this at the moment. [curses the luck of the toss]. My main focus is on
triple DES (compatability requirement) and the java comes from an existing
system.

To date I've found the following resources useful (and many others not so),
  - JCE1.2.1 package provided by sun.
-  the cryptix.org package (http://www.cryptix.org/)

and a useful series of examples at http://www.orlingrabbe.com/3des1_cbc.htm

Anyone else worked with this stuff? the packages provide implementation of
various methods (DES, blowfish, various digests etc)

When I get a handle on this it might make for an interesting talk.

Matthew