[H-GEN] Power management

Jason Henry Parker jasonp at uq.net.au
Tue Mar 27 05:39:15 EST 2001

John <jboggon at optushome.com.au> writes:

> Try Sure Power at Norman Park. They sell, service and rent
> just about anything concerning Uninterruptable Power Supplies. Mostly
> Sola units
> but I have seen most other makes sitting on the service shelves.
> Ph 3399 8055, contact name is Greg Fraser.

I haven't exactly had the best experiences with the smaller SOLA
UPSes.  One I messed with came with a funky non-standard
communications cable, shoddy comms software (admittedly in source form
for Unix hosts), poor documentation, and didn't perform to spec.

However, when I complained, they took the original and gave us a new
one (of a slightly better vintage, no less), so that counts for
something.

jason
--
4.  A SIMIAN should respond to a TYPE or FASTER request with an
ACCEPT code, especially if there are deadlines.  The only other