[H-GEN] [Fwd: internet banking]

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Sat Mar 24 20:38:06 EST 2001

Sarah Hollings wrote:

> Anyone thinking of choosing Suncorp as their bank?

I am a Suncorp customer. I use Linux/Netscape to access their site and
have done for ages.

I have just sent some nasty e-mails to them telling them that their
internet banking sucks..it is so slow and the new interface that they
have just introduced only allows you to get a balance where the previous
one allowed balance and recent transactions. A balance without the
underlying transaction detail is as useful as an unreconciled cheque
account.

As for it not working with *nix ....that is ridiculous. However, it
confirms my view of the technical capacity of a fair percentage of their
IT staff...they have some really good and switched on people there but a
lot of dills too.

One guy (who was pretty senior and in control of a $20 million imaging
project) said that all staff would need to get new sh*t-hot computers
and 17" monitors to view the images and bandwidth would suffer because
of the large image files. When I asked him if he had thought of
compressing the files...like jpegs? he replied J what?

--
Frank Brand
E-mail:- fbrand at uq.net.au
Home Page:-http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand