[H-GEN] [Fwd: internet banking]

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Fri Mar 23 05:08:58 EST 2001

<snip>
> Dear Sarah Hollings,
>
> Thank you for your email.
Hehehe, yeah, sure!

> While you may have been able to use the old system, Suncorp Metway Online
> Access does not support the Unix platform. Our site will only support
> Windows and Mac OS platforms.
>
> Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

It would be interesting to see if you can get a reason from them for
this decision and the reason why it won't work on the *nix platform....

I have come across a few websites that won't work unless you have a
win32 version of IE or Netscape, but a lot of these were just server
based decisions that said "if it's not the right browser just show an
error message" that never even gave you the option of trying it.

We (my wife and I) use Westpac online banking, nice simple SSL web
pages, no seperate application, no java applet, a little bit of simple
javascript.  Works well in Netscape, Konquerer and Opera under Linux,
consider changing banks 8^)

Cheers
Michael