[H-GEN] [Fwd: annoying text - linux fonts]

Sarah Hollings sarahhollings at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 20 00:28:37 EST 2001

Found a fix for this - thought I'd let you all know.

I have xfs and xfstt running, for true type fonts on my Debian machine.
  My font path and font packages were as per the attachment.

I had the "fixed" font installed by virtue of the basic font packages,
and yet x apps weren't finding it.

Solution was to change /etc/XF86Config so that the true-type fonts are
at the end of the list and so the end of the font path.

Now that the menu's on EMACS are no longer displayed in "Algerian" Olde
English script I can actually read them!

Sez
--
No-one can tell you what is the Matrix,        Mb: +61 416045401
you have to see it for yourself             www: storybridge.org
                                       email: sez at storybridge.org
               snailmail: PO Box 299, Red Hill, Q 4059, Australia