[H-GEN] Red Hat rpm management

Doug South dsouth at trontos.com
Fri Jul 6 00:58:47 EDT 2001

Hi All,

I've got a Red Hat 7.0 box that I installed as a server. It now turns
out that I'd like it to be a desktop. This means I've got packages
I want to install (and probably get rid of as well).

My question: Is there a command line/text based tool, like glint
(at least that's what I think the X based tool was called) that will
allow me to choose packages to install? Something that will detect
dependecies between packages and install them in the right order.
Or can I just "rpm -i *.rpm"?

Ideally, I'd like the package selection screens that come up under
a text based install of Red Hat.

TIA,
Doug