[H-GEN] linux.conf.au

Martin Pool mbp at linuxcare.com.au
Mon Jan 22 00:58:38 EST 2001

On 22 Jan 2001, John Ryland <jryland at trolltech.com> wrote:

> > The location for next year is not yet set.  Perhaps HUMBUG would like
> > to host it in Brisbane?
>
> That would be a cool idea. Maddog hinted at having it in Brisbane during
> Winter.

When I spoke to Maddog at lca he said he'd never been to Brisbane.  Am
I imagining it, or had he forgotten?

> Would HUMBUG be cool with hosting a Linux conference even though it's not
> technically a LUG but encompasses all UNIXes and UNIX like operating systems.
> Umm that's apparently a bad thing to say now, what did Maddog say again...
> it's Linux like, not UNIX(TM) like... damn trademarks :)
>
> But what about Canberra?
> Martin, aren't you from there with all the other Linuxcare people or are you
> guys from all over the place?

All the Linuxcare .au staff are in Canberra except for two in
Adelaide.  Certainly Canberra's a likely location -- in fact davem and
Anarchy are visiting today -- but Brisbane's nice, and keeping it
LUG-based rather than vendor-based is probably good.

--
Martin Pool, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990