[H-GEN] ADSL and Linux.

John Ryland jryland at trolltech.com
Thu Feb 22 00:49:37 EST 2001

> I am currently looking in to ADSL in Australia.

It's pretty good.

> Has anyone had experience with ADSL and Linux ? What hardware ??

Yep.
Telstra provide the ADSL modem, you connect it up to your computer through an
ethernet cable. A 486 is probably sufficient as a firewall computer which
manages the connection. The software/protocol used is stock standard PPP over
ethernet, if you find the PPPoE (I think) package, it should compile and run
without problems. It's quite easy to setup. IIRC the web site to go to for
the package is called "roaring penguin", but I can't remember the URL. Just
google it.

Regards
John