[H-GEN] RE Availability of Superceded Parallel Port Scanner!

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Sun Feb 18 08:14:47 EST 2001

Russell Mathews wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and  ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.           ]
> [ Worthwhile understanding: http://www.humbug.org.au/netiquette.html ]
>
> HI All,
>         I am wanting a Parallel Port Scanner to connect to my Pentium 100
> Linux box.   USB port scanners are much faster and so many parallel port
> scanners are being replaced.
>         I am hoping that someone can advise me where or how I can obtain
> one.

Parallel port scanners are still available new for around $100. I have
seen them sell around $50 to $100 second hand but a new one has a full
waranty attached so I feel that a new one is a better buy.The HP 2 C
(SCSI) can usually be had for around $50-$70 (there were two sold at the
last government computer auction) and some people might consider them a
good buy (they were around $2000 new or nearly twice that with the ADF).
I have a SCSI HP 2P that I might part with for around $30 including the
SCSI card but that is Black and White only.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail:- fbrand at uq.net.au
Home Page:-http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand