[H-GEN] Case Sensitivity

David Duffy avd at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Sun Feb 11 22:34:38 EST 2001

I just changed "Wiring" to "wiring" at the DOS prompt - no change.
So, I changed it to "wire" - works. Then I changed it to "wiring" but
now it is "WIRING" under DOS and "Wiring" under windows!
Still wondering...

Cameron Fowles wrote:
>Try going to a DOS prompt and changine the file name from there.
>
>Hi,
>I've got a Win98SE peer to peer network that each map a drive
>to a FAT32 HDD in my Linux box. It all works great apart from
>some odd things with filename & directory case.
>
>If I have a directory called "TEST" for example and I try to change it
>to "test" or Test" from the Windows machines, it just stays the same
>as it was. Same goes for filenames as well. Most of the time this does
>not make any difference but I need the case to be correct for the html
>data I have there for my web site. Even if I rename the offending file or
>directory to something else then back to what I want it still goes back
>to what it was originally! Is this normal? Any way around it?
>Regards...

David Duffy        Audio Visual Devices P/L
U8, 9-11 Trade St, Cleveland 4163 Australia
Ph: +61 7 38210362   Fax: +61 7 38210281
New Web: www.audiovisualdevices.com.au