[H-GEN] Clock problems

Marshall, Joshua MarshallJ at switch.aust.com
Thu Aug 23 21:15:54 EDT 2001

I've found that my Debian 2.2r3 installation is having weird clock
problems. This originally showed up with squid timing out connections
immediately. I looked in the cache.log and found that the times in the log
were different - one set had the current time, and others had a time about
70 minutes in the future. The connection start had the current time, and
the timeout log message was in the future. weird.

Then I ran hwclock --show and got something similar to the following (can't
remember the exact number)

Fri Aug 24 12:09:51 2001  -4321.64234 seconds

uptime shows the actual time, all other logfiles seem to show the correct
time, a hwclock --systohc does nothing.

I'm running the ntp package (from Debian potato) - I'm not sure if this has
anything to do with it.

Has anyone had any similar problems? The system is stable for everything
else.

Confused,
Josh.