[H-GEN] Spurious 8259A interrupt

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Thu Aug 23 00:03:00 EDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Paul Cornford wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and  ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.           ]
> [ Worthwhile understanding: http://www.humbug.org.au/netiquette.html ]
>
> I have just installed RH7.1 on a friends PC and when I try dialing out
> using kppp I get the error message "Spurious 8259 interrupt: IRQ7." in
> messages. kppp successfully initializes the modem. In KDE control panel
> I have noticed that IRQ 7 is not listed. The mouse uses IRQ 12. Can
> anyone explain this problem to me?

Irq7 is normally the first parrallel port.  This would normally be a
printer.  Does the box have a printer or does the kernel have printer
support?

Normally irq7 have _nothing_ to do with the serial devices.
Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   Linux counter project ID #16440 (http://www.li.org)
   blake: up 10 days, 12:41,  6 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00