[H-GEN] Stallion Easyserver - ports resetting

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sun Aug 12 22:22:30 EDT 2001

On 13 Aug 2001, Christopher Biggs wrote:

> For serial port settings, it's slightly different.  "SET" still
> changes the active config, but whenever the port is closed (eg PPP
> hangup) it's reinitialized from the permanent config.  So "SET PORT
> FOO" only takes effect until that port is next closed.

Chris!!  That's beautiful.  If you were closer I'd kiss you!!!  I don't
think Christine would like this much however ;)  Say hi to the family for
me btw :)

> You almost always want to use CHANGE, unless you're doing temporary
> modifications for testing something.

Cool.  Sounds like a plan.
Rob

> Geez, call support!  We have six guys in Toowong sitting on their
> arses playing Solitaire who need to be kept busy.  ;-)

Actually that was my next port of call :)

Ta again :)
Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   Linux counter project ID #16440 (http://www.li.org)
   blake: up 48 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.15, 1.09, 1.06