[H-GEN] syntax highlighting in emacs jde

Sarah Hollings sarahhollings at optushome.com.au
Sun Apr 29 09:59:26 EDT 2001

Hiya,

In case anyone remembers - I have found a fix for the syntax
highlighting problem I was having with the emacs jde from jde.sunsite.dk.

Syntax highlighting worked just fine in emacs without the jde lisp files
loaded (ie delete .emacs), but got killed when they were in.  Global
font lock was turned on, but all syntax was black.

The debian package of jde does a good install, but there's a bug in one
of the lisp components - a thing called semantic.

The fix is to download a patch called "overlay-fix.el" from
http://cedet.sourceforge.net/semantic.shtml

and add something like:
(load-file (expand-file-name "<path to patch>/overlay-fix.el"))
right at the end of your .emacs file

Now I can browse classes, and have wizards automatically generate
setters/getters and all that other groovy lisp/jde stuff' **and** have
the syntax highlight that we love so much.

Sarah
--
No-one can tell you what is the Matrix,        Mb: +61 416045401
you have to see it for yourself             www: storybridge.org
                                       email: sez at storybridge.org
               snailmail: PO Box 299, Red Hill, Q 4059, Australia