[H-GEN] Is swap space working?

Webmaster terranova at acenet.net.au
Fri Apr 20 19:56:12 EDT 2001

I'm having low memory problems and am using kpm to monitor memory use (see
below for machine configuration). The indicator for swap space (presumably the
HDD swap partition) always shows zero (0k used), and I'm wondering why.

Is this because:
  1. Swap is always empty when kpm is in use?
  2. It's not monitoring the swap partition, but something else?
  3. The swap partition is inactive or unavailable?
  4. There's a bug in kpm?
  5. Something else ...

During boot, a message is printed saying "swap space enabled".

Configuration: Pentium166, 32MB RAM, 32MB swap partition, Linux 2.2, KDE
desktop.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Carl Adams.