[H-GEN] Sendmail

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Wed Apr 18 21:27:07 EDT 2001

"john duncan" <katie4 at eisa.net.au> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

>                      I have managed to install Openbsd 2.8 on a
> removable drive and connect to our ISP. I am trying to write an .mc file
> for sendmail but cannot find out how to get the keyboard to form the
> directed quotes needed to write this file . Could someone point me in
> the right direction?

The oddball quotes are actually a quirk of the M4 macro preprocessor
which is used to generate your sendmail.cf from whatever.mc.   It's
not sendmail's fault.

You can always just create/modify the .cf file directly (if you like pain).

The opening quote is the "accent grave" usually the key to the left of
the '1' on most keyboards.

The closing quote is the ordinary "apostrophe" or "single quote"
usually paired with double quote on the key to the left of ENTER.

--cjb

--
| Christopher J. Biggs -|- R & D Software Engineer --  Stallion Technologies |
| chris at stallion.oz.au -|- If it isn't broken, I just haven't touched it yet |