[H-CHAT] Re: [H-GEN] Stalling Netscape

Jason Henry Parker jasonp at uq.net.au
Wed Apr 18 10:04:46 EDT 2001

Benjamin Robert Carlyle <benc at foxboro.com.au> writes:

> Javascript has to be turned
> on, but that's no great security risk.

Bwaaaahaaaaahah.

http://rootshell.com/archive-j457nxiqi3gq59dv/200001/hotmail.txt.html

http://www.securiteam.com/exploits/Netscape_Communicator_4_6_JavaScript__lt_TITLE__vulnerability.html
(I'd be interested if anyone can tell me if
http://www.nat.bg/~joro/titlecache.html still works.)

How about the old favourite of opening two copies of the same page in
new windows?  Recursively?  Got enough memory to deal with that?

How about http://crackmonkey.org/fanmail.html?  Anyone want to tell me
if that works?  (It's certainly funny even if it doesn't.)

What about http://www.schooner.com/~loverso/netscape/?  How does that
pan out?

I've seen innocuous looking buttons that fire off javascript to submit
another form on the same page.  I've seen unintentionally bad
javascript kill the browser.

Yes, some of this stuff is dated, but I think it shows Javascript's
(and Netscape's) *terrible* record.

Javascript is horrible and should die, die, die.

jason
--
Windows is user-friendly, but with friends like that . . .