[H-GEN] Linux Problems

Damian Bickhoff q9405096 at brampton.cqu.edu.au
Thu Sep 7 09:56:54 EDT 2000

Craig ARMOUR uttered:
> redhat 6.2 run a whole lot of crap in the background which slows down
> pretty much everything [1].  Ditch Gnome et al. and or prune the amount of
> stuff that starts up and you're away ;)

If you're going to complain about bloat, at least tell Frank to use
links.  It does cookies and SSL now, which is always fun.  I hardly ever
use GUI browsers any more.

I'll echo the sentiment about Galeon, though.  I aliened the RPM, and it
works just fine here.  Drops out occasionally, but if I only use it when
I need it, it's fine.
--
damian