[H-GEN] any ideas for cluster filesystem solution ?

Martin Pool mbp at linuxcare.com.au
Thu Nov 9 19:01:54 EST 2000

On  9 Nov 2000, Martin Pool <mbp at linuxcare.com.au> wrote:
> On  9 Nov 2000, Eric HORNSBY <e.hornsby at mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > I've tried just having an ext2 filesystem on the array
> > with one server mounting it readonly, but any updates made by the other
> > server are not visible to the readonly server until apache is stopped and
> > restarted (with the array umounted and re-mounted in between)...there must
> > be a better way...this is not so good because the web pages are updated
> > every half hour or so from a staging server using rsync over ssh.
>
> Why not just have two separate filesystems and rsync onto both?  If
> the pages are purely read-only I would think this would work fine.

If you need one machine to be able to write and have the changes
reflected on the other, you might look at omirror (or omirrord?),
which uses the new directory-change-notification hooks in the kernel
to push changes across.  This is all at the kernel level and up, not
at the SAN level.

--
Martin Pool, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990