[H-GEN] Firewall with Red Hat 6.1

David Duffy avd at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Wed May 31 04:43:50 EDT 2000

Hi All,
Firstly, thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction
with sorting file permission problems with my vfat hard drive.
Now... I've been banging my head against the wall trying to
figure out how to implement a firewall my Red Hat 6.1 box.
It's running a proxy (Squid) but I want to be able to block off
some other ports that aren't mentioned in the "inetd.conf" file.
Can anyone that knows Red Hat tell me how to do it using
the "linuxconf" utility? I tried but failed. (I even read heaps!)
Am I barking up the wrong tree totally?  Any ideas please?
Regards...
David Duffy        Audio Visual Devices P/L
U8, 9-11 Trade St, Cleveland 4163 Australia
Ph: +61 7 38210362   Fax: +61 7 38210281
New Web: www.audiovisualdevices.com.au
New email: avd at audiovisualdevices.com.au