[H-GEN] SCSI Termination

Patrick Nichols pat at humbug.org.au
Mon May 29 20:59:04 EDT 2000

I gather that I need a terminator for my scsi line as I have problems with
my system when I attach a scanner on the external port.

I have a few internal drives (writers/roms/hard disks) all on the one
chain, all with individual scsi id's, and termination set to on, on the
last drive in the chain.  The scsi card is set up to auto termination, and
all works well if there is no external line connected.

When I connect an external line (to my scanner) the whole system falls to
pieces, and my computer won't boot.  There is no terminator on my scanner,
and I don't have one to attach.

I would need a DB25 Terminator (because that is the type of connector on
the scanner) but would I need an active or passive terminator.  I'd need
to buy one if I need it, and I haven't been able to see one for sale
anywhere.  Can anybody sell me one, or point me to somebody who could?

-pat