[H-GEN] Telstra Big Pond Cable & OpenBSD

Ian Lister s350797 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 20 00:09:47 EST 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Byron Ellacott wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Patrick Nichols wrote:
>> Here is a url for the program I think byron is describing, you can get the
>> source code or the binaries at http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/bpalogin/
>
>that's him

Thanks guys.

For the info of anybody else who is wanting to know, I emailed the guy who
was listed as having contributed the info about the rrclient program, who
told me that this program (kerberos based) no longer worked, as Telstra now
uses a bids 2 system (I haven't heard of this before). He uses the
bids2login program which was mentioned, and for which source is not
available (and only a few binaries), but I went with the bpalogin program
also mentioned, which has both source and binaries for all kinds of systems
(even windows). I believe the Java program mentioned is a derivative of the
bids2login program (designed as a "drop in replacement", but without the
benefit of the original source).

The cable is now installed (Telstra installed the Windows software onto a
different PC), so I will see if the above programs work when I switch it
over to the "real" machine :-)

Ian