[H-GEN] SOLVED - DNS Problem - HELP !!!

Willie Yeo willie at ssc.qld.edu.au
Fri Jun 16 10:52:32 EDT 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Robert Stuart wrote:

> Check the syslog entries for named for when you last started the named
> server.  You will probably find an error for that domain (ssc.qld.edu.au).
> When this has happened to me, I've had a syntax error in a config file;
> named starts fine, but gives errors which I didn't notice till the
> secondary started complaining...  At worst work forward from your last
> know good config.

	Got it .... I found the source of the problem now, thanks.

	Well, I restarted Named without a problem, so I din't think there
is a problem with named.

	That happened was I when to check the messages as Robert
suggested, and then turned up that the named file was rejected, and the
cause of it was one of the host address entries has a '-' and it rejected

	Thanks Robert.