[H-GEN] SMB help please

Peter J Arnold arnoldpj at optushome.com.au
Thu Jul 13 23:20:09 EDT 2000

Just a guess but you might need to escape the "\"s with "\"s. ie try
\\\\10.4.22.38\\downloads or encapsulate the whole string in ""s

Note: I'm thinking smbclient (part of samba) but your situation may be similar

HTH
Cheers

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.          ]
>
> hi guys,
>
> i need a little help here with mounting an NT shared drive on linux with
> smb.
>
> i need to mount \\10.4.22.38\downloads  using the username <joe_blo> with
> the password <secret>
>

> and having never used smb b4 i could realy do with some syntax to kick start
> me.
>
> i am thinking smbmount is what i should be looking for but everthing i try
> pumps us an error saying that i have not used enough "\"'s......very
> strange.
>

> Luke

> Luke Grant
> Systems Administrator
> Seven Queensland.
> Maroochydore
> 140-142 Horton Pde.
> wk#  +61754301737
> mob# +61407317951
>
> --
> * This is list (humbug) general handled by majordomo at lists.humbug.org.au .
> * Postings to this list are only accepted from subscribed addresses of
> * lists 'general' or 'general-post'.

Peter Arnold
| mailto:arnoldpj at optushome.com.au  | To err is human |
| Brisbane, Qld, Australia          | To moo bovine.  |