[H-GEN] challenge-response PPP authentication

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Sun Jan 23 21:35:24 EST 2000

James McPherson - Customer Technical Support Engineer <James.McPherson at aus.sun.com> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> for internal dialup stuff at Sun we use an "Enigma" card, which generates a
> response to a challenge from the remote site. I've been trying to set this up
> using linux ppp, but have not had any luck. As it happens, one of the example
> connect scripts from the Solaris ppp doco is exactly what I need - for solaris.
> So obviously I'm using that. But I would like to be able to dialup to work using
> linux.
>
> Has anybody done any work on this sort of thing? Any pointers gratefully
> received.

Replace the invocation of "chat -f somescript" with a more powerful
chat program which allows user interaction.  Try the 'expect' utility
(http://expect.nist.gov).  Or get funky with Perl, or the heathen
satanic scripting language of your choice.

cjb

--
| Christopher Biggs email:chris at stallion.oz.au | Linux: The choice of a GNU  |
| Stallion Technologies, Queensland, Australia |        Generation.          |