[H-GEN] Swapping hard drives

Hilton Travis QuarkComputers at email.com
Wed Jan 19 06:12:51 EST 2000

Hi all,

I'm about to remove my 8GB EIDE drive from my Linux firewall/dialup
box and replace it with a 650MB SCSI drive.  The scsi card is
installed and working, and the entire install will easily fit on the
650MB drive.

I have the following partitions currently set up on this box, and
s'pose they'll all need to come across:

Filesystem	Size	Used	Avail	Mounted on
/dev/hda8	251M	 39M	198M	/
/dev/hda1	 23M	3.5M	 18M	/boot
/dev/hda6	3.5G	 18M	3.4G	/home
/dev/hda5	3.5G	250M	3.2G	/usr
/dev/hda7	251M	105M	132M	/var

Any and all help appreciated.  I *could* have used Partition magic
(which I own) if it were a destination EIDE drive, I s'pose, but
methinks this may not be possible.

Regards,

Hilton