[H-GEN] source based default routes

David Jericho davidj at in4free.com.au
Tue Jan 18 09:52:49 EST 2000

Having just solved this problem under IOS, I'm wondering how one would go about
doing source based default routes under linux, assuming you've got one router
only.

That is having one lot of machines use one link as a default route, and another
lot using another link as their default, transparent to either end of course.

Bridging won't work, as you can't be assured of the other end understanding MAC
addresses. I can't see how you'd do it via ipchains, and port forwarders and so
on are an instant write off for full connectivity.

Anyone? The router is only allowed one ip address on the internal lan.

--
David Jericho, Senior Systems Administrator
Webmatch Interactive Marketing