[H-GEN] Re: PPP Connection to PowerUp

Mike Andrew mikero at norfolk.nf
Tue Jan 18 05:50:49 EST 2000

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Hilton Travis wrote:

> This site seems not to be there.  I keep getting DNS timeout errors when
> connecting to this site, and also when pinging it.
>
> Also, my mail server is rejecting your email address as invalid.

your DNS is stuffed. It's not pulling top level domain info, change to
another dns for a start. Email cannot be fixed while your server isp relies
on the same crapped out dns list that they supply your browser with. But,
at least you can fix the latter.

This is not a minor problem, your isp has major troubles being properly
connected to the net. The problem first surfaced in new bind (named)
revisions and has affected many connects - wordwide.

as for mirrors of my site, try these, the info for ppp anything will help
you greatly.

http://www.eastwind.com.au/mirror.htm                       australia
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/netllama/linux.html  east coast US
http://yourpage.blazenet.net/millerlw/default.html         west coast