[H-GEN] Re: PPP Connection to PowerUp

Gavin Lawson nobleley at powerup.com.au
Sat Jan 15 16:50:50 EST 2000

Hi

Does anyone use Linux to connect to Powerup?  If so I would be interested
in hearing what settings/scripts you use.

I am using Redhat 6.0, External WebExcel 56K modem.  However, pppd seems to
be dying with Signal 15.  I have tried using kppp, network configurator and
hand written scripts.  Also, I have tried connecting via scrips and PAP
(although I am told by Powerup that they use PAP.  I have also tried using
an older modem (External Avtek 28.8K).

Thanks

Gavin Lawson