[H-GEN] dvds

staeci at yahoo.com staeci at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 02:58:51 EST 2000

me is wanting to buy dvd drive to replace my aging 4x cdrom in my
linux box

what are the issues involved for just using it do play cds and does
anyone have any experience with this or good sources of info.

I imagine that there is  no DVD playing software for linux

I have the DeCSS source and a win32 binary of it, but I doubt I could compile
it under linux (I'm a perl person).

So basically I want to know if anyone has had any experience in this
area so I can purchase my drive and not have to dual boot or rip them
under windows and then play them back across the network.

I'm off to have a look at opendvd.org now.

--
Darrin Mison