[H-GEN] remote X

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Mon Jan 3 23:11:18 EST 2000

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 01:59:57PM +1000, Raymond Smith wrote:
> While I agree with Jason that xhost is insecure compared to ssh, ssh is
> overkill over a personal private network. (As I assmue yours
> is.) Certainly you should use ssh/if you are working over a public
> network, and are worried about security.

OTOH, it is hellishly convenient. Being able to type your passphrase
just once and login anywhere you have an account any number of times is
damn nice. Besides, why be insecure when you don't have to be?

(If you want more efficient use of bandwidth/cpu time, using ssh -c
blowfish is helpful, btw)

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds