[H-GEN] remote X

Raymond Smith raymonds at uq.net.au
Mon Jan 3 22:59:57 EST 2000

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Jason Henry Parker wrote:
> > The X-server on serra needs to be told to accept X connections from
> > clients on shivan. To do this you use the xhost command,
> > specifically, 'xhost +shivan'. man xhost for more information.
>
> And after you've learned the wrong way to do it (this will let
> *anyone* on shivan bring up windows, monitor keystrokes, and insert
> keystrokes on serra)

While I agree with Jason that xhost is insecure compared to ssh, ssh is
overkill over a personal private network. (As I assmue yours
is.) Certainly you should use ssh/if you are working over a public
network, and are worried about security.

Cheers,

Raymond

---
raymond at humbug.org.au                     All that we see, or seem,