[H-GEN] wtmp

David Male dmale at one.net.au
Tue Jan 4 06:30:07 EST 2000

> > >  I have a wtmp file in /var/log which is slowly growing,
> (Do what the nice Sun man said.)
>
> Most systems should come with a cron job to truncate it automatically.
> What system/distribution are you using?  Is something broken?

The distro is Caldera 2.3 , all nice and graphical and has Star Office
which has cut my use of NT and 98 to .1%. I start it first thing in
the morning and turn it off every night.  A response on the Caldera
list suggests that a) I set up logrotate as a cron job to fix it or b)
just leave the machine on over night as cron should already be set to
do this early morning?
Guess I will try all suggestions ...