[H-GEN] Re: PC Router

David Jericho davidj at in4free.com.au
Thu Feb 24 18:04:14 EST 2000

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 08:50:48AM +1000, Brent Wesley wrote:
> The machine that Source can provide is ideal except for one thing.  They can
> not provide a Cellery 433 chip for the machine.  This counts them out of the
> race as there is an issue with the case that prevents them from putting in a
> processor any bigger than a 433 (due to heatsink and fan size).

Explain why I'm receiving this afternoon 16 500MHz models? :) The unit Greg
had was the 6207, not the 6204. The 6207 can only take a celeron where
as the 6204 is slot 1.  As far as I understood, the price difference was
neglible, but if you wanted a celeron system, it was wiser to go with the
socket 370 6207 unit.

> However after ringing around I found that compucon have a very simmilar case
> using an identical MSI mainboard that can take a larger processor.
> There is a picture of sorts at http://www.compucon.com/NetPC.htm minus the
> lcd display.

There is also the Elan Vital case, often used with the Asus P2B-N motherboard.
This is similiarly priced.

--
David Jericho, Senior Systems Adminstrator
Webmatch Interactive Marketing