[H-GEN] More on the Tek XP200 series xterms...

David Jericho davidj at in4free.com.au
Tue Feb 22 04:34:56 EST 2000

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 02:43:32PM +1000, Ben Fowler wrote:
> For example, "tcp/proton:7100" would point my terminal at my font
> server running on "proton", my main box.

I had a look around, it appears you can set the font server path in the xp.cnf
file.

> Oh, and another thing.  A really easy way to power up these terminals is
> to use an existing PC power supply.  For ours at home, we took one out of

If you're feeling very geeky, and your PC always sits by your side, you can
mount the motherboard (for the 214M's anyway) inside your case and just wire
the power into your drive cabling itself. The only catch is you need a second
network card.

I've been thinking about this for a day or two, but it requires you to attack the
case with saw and a file. It actually would slot into a MaCase ATX Midi Tower
quite nicely, PCB underside exposed outwards towards the left, facing the
case.

--
David Jericho, Senior Systems Adminstrator
Webmatch Interactive Marketing