[H-GEN] FS: Tektronix XP200 series Xterms $10ea...

Andrew ajdraper at uq.net.au
Fri Feb 4 20:59:50 EST 2000

Folks,

I have 32 Tektronix xterms without monitors or power supplies, keyboard or
mouse selling for $10 each.

These are XP200 series models... eg: xp215c, xp217c
The only difference between these model designations is the type of monitor
that they originally shipped with.

They have onboard 2Meg system ram and 1Meg video ram.

They support fixed frequency and standard vga monitors, and use a standard
PS2 keyboard and mouse.

I've got the specs thanks to some kind assistance by bjf and jiko for the
power supply in, and I've found that it'll work nicely off a single +5V DC
supply but should have a +12V DC also. Get the bits and pieces from Jaycar
if you need to.

Can easily configure it to work with linux... just need to download the
xterm's bootkernel software from ftp.ncd.com
(either XpressWare or NC Bridge - I'd recommend XpressWare - It is older but
doesn't use as much memory), and export it via NFS. Very cool toys and quiet
as!
Easy to set up the fonts and all that crap.

Can take up to an additional 32Meg 72 pin ram (2x16)
I'd recommend you add at least 4Meg to these things if you plan on having
more than a couple of windows open.

ftp://ftp.ncd.com/pub/nwd/Xpressware/Patches/

ftp://ftp.ncd.com/pub/nwd/NCBridge/Patches/

email me at ajdraper at uq.net.au and not the list if you're interested.

I'll bring a couple tonight...

Cheers

Andrew