[H-GEN] Anyone know a source for 3-inch (or business-card sized) CD-R blanks?

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Mon Dec 4 02:50:45 EST 2000

Christopher Biggs wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and  ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.           ]
> [ Worthwhile understanding: http://www.humbug.org.au/netiquette.html ]
>
> Greetings,
>                 With the recent discussion of Linux "bootable business
> cards", I wonder if anyone can point me toward a source of writable
> CDs in the smaller size (eg, like the ones that some new sony digital
> cameras use).

I am not sure on the size you are after but I saw Queensland Computer
Group (Woolloongabba) had some smaller disks in a couple of different
sizes at $2.50 each.

Also there is a guy in Wecker Road (I think thats it) Mt Gravatt....I
think he calls himself Disks-R-Us. There is also a company at Creek Road
Mt Gravatt called The Disk Shop (www.blankcd.com.au).

If you want to dash to the northside try Mr.CD-R at Bridgeman Downs
(3353-1389)

The Pyrod disks mentioned by another respondent are at the low end of
the price range but that does not mean they don't work OK.

For some reason the smaller ones seem to be a lot costlier than the
bigger blanks...probably economy of scale.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail:- fbrand at uq.net.au
Home Page:-http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand