[H-GEN] Splitting up a text file

Andrae Muys a.muys at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 01:26:27 EDT 2000

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Adil, Kim - Brisbane (Maintenance) wrote:

> I have a contract in a large text file and I would like to split each of the
> clauses up and insert them into a postgresql database in a text field (not
> limited by number of characters). I believe that we can use the new line and
> the leading clause number to mark where the file should be split. Any ideas,
> maybe a perl script with regexp?

Yes it is possible.  However before you can get a more specific answer you
will have to provide a more complete description of the input format, and
how you want the output formatted.  ie.  as a requirements specification,
the above description is inadequate.

Andrae

Andrae Muys <andrae at humbug.org.au> "Never ascribe to malice that which is
Shortech International Ltd          adequately explained by incompetence."
                                                     -Napoleon Bonaparte