[H-GEN] Splitting up a text file

Adil, Kim - Brisbane (Maintenance) AdilK at transfield.com.au
Mon Aug 21 01:07:26 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have a contract in a large text file and I would like to split each of the
clauses up and insert them into a postgresql database in a text field (not
limited by number of characters). I believe that we can use the new line and
the leading clause number to mark where the file should be split. Any ideas,
maybe a perl script with regexp?

A problem that I have with other database packages that I have tried to use
to import these types of text files into, is that the new line or return is
imported as a new record and I want to maintain  multiple paragraphs in the
one record.

Regards,
Kim Adil