No subject

Peter J Arnold arnoldpj at optushome.com.au
Sat Aug 19 19:13:38 EDT 2000

Hi Guys/Girls,
Not really a unixy question but at work we are setting up some Cisco PIX
firewalls with modems on the console ports. Generally the modems are USRobotics
33.6 or similar modems. My problem is that when they are set up and I dial into
them I get an echo of every character I type in (JJuusstt  lliikkee  tthhiiss).

I've set up the modem as per cisco document
(http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/50.html) which relates to setting up a
modem on a router...not quite the same but similar

The settings for the modem are basicly reset with AT&F and/or ATZ then
	 No flow control: &I0 &H0
         No data compression: &K0
         Echo off: E0 F1
         Result-code off: Q1 &A0
         Lock DTE speed: &B1
         speed=9600: &N6
         Normal carrier detect: &C1
         Overwrite DTR: &D0
         Write to NVRAM: &W

 Any help or pointer in the right direction greatly appreciated..

Peter Arnold
| mailto:arnoldpj at optushome.com.au  | To err is human |
| Brisbane, Qld, Australia          | To moo bovine.  |