[H-GEN] Dual Booting WinNT/RH6.2 with a dash of SCSI

David Male dmale at one.net.au
Thu Aug 17 00:09:23 EDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-general at lists.humbug.org.au
[mailto:owner-general at lists.humbug.org.au]On Behalf Of Raymond Smith
Sent: Wednesday, 16 August 2000 10:53 PM
To: general at lists.humbug.org.au
Subject: Re: [H-GEN] Dual Booting WinNT/RH6.2 with a dash of SCSI

> But what was wrong with using LILO as the boot manager ?

I'm not sure, I didn't install it in the first place. But we were under
the impression that Windows 2000 Professional requires you to hand
over the master boot record to its boot manager.

Raymond

No, LILO can be used to boot win2000 and Linux, I am  booting using
Partition Magic Boot Manager installed in C:\ to boot  dos6/win311Primary
hidden ...win95/warp4 primary hidden...win98 Primary which then has the NT
boot loader making/NT4/Win2000 available on /hda/6 and /hda/12 with 3
different Linux in the middle of the drive. These start with LILO after Boot
Manager starts first.
I have had LILO boot the active primary and the Linux partitions without a
problem from the Master Boot record, but it cant hide/ unhide the other two
dos partitions.