[H-GEN] ssh2 problem

Joel Michael joel at diggy.com.au
Mon Aug 7 18:20:36 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Brine" <sbrine at powerup.com.au>
To: <general at lists.humbug.org.au>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 11:47 PM
Subject: [H-GEN] ssh2 problem

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.          ]
>
> I have a slight problem that I is bugging me. I have SSH2 installed on
two
> (linux - mandrake) machines one of which is a brand new install the
other
> is an old install. The problem is I can ssh in from a win32 ssh2
client to
> either of them and it works, BUT if I SSH2
> (ssh2 user at other.machine #22) it just replies
> FATAL: Connecting to other.machine failed: Connection Refused

erm, are you sure you're running the client with the correct arguments?
I've got OpenSSH 2 installed on a pair of solaris boxen (runs fine, btw,
just takes a while to compile OpenSSL...), and to connect to each other,
i'd type 'ssh -l username hostname [-p portotherthan22]'.  if you're on
a slow link, i'd also suggest using the '-C' argument too...

'man  ssh' or 'ssh --help' should do the trick :-)