[H-GEN] Configuring a Kernel

Simon Robertson sijr at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 30 22:52:22 EDT 2000

Hello,

I am fairly confident in figuring out kernel for my IBM Thinkpad i Series
300.  The problem I have is the understanding of how to rescue the machine
back to the kernel.old.  Could someone please give me the pathway to follow
after the panic message or possibly give me instructions on how to create a
boot disk that will get me back to login of the kernel.old.

After using FreeBSD for under a week I have got a fair way and I just don't
want to loose it.

Also on pressing in the command 'mount /fd0' I am always getting an error
saying no file type set.  How do I access my floppy in UNIX, can someone
help?

Thankyou,

Simon.

The mind never stops learning!